One clown down

  • Thread starter Thread starter siikm3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

siikm3

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2024
Messages
30
Reaction score
28
Location
LA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers,

So today I went ahead and went to my local lfs…purchased my new livestock (pair of clowns) my drive is a good 20 min.Got home did the temp acclamation and proceed to do drip acclamation, checked my salinity levels and were good 1.25… a soon as y put both fish in one (male) started going crazy (not in a good way) and seem to rapid breathing…meanwhile the female is doing good…unfortunate male didn’t make it an hour in thank and died.
Checked my parameters and nitrate is 0ppm nitrite 0ppm and ammonia is between 0ppm-0.25ppm…any advice of input will be greatly appreciated.
TIA
 
Hello reefers,

So today I went ahead and went to my local lfs…purchased my new livestock (pair of clowns) my drive is a good 20 min.Got home did the temp acclamation and proceed to do drip acclamation, checked my salinity levels and were good 1.25… a soon as y put both fish in one (male) started going crazy (not in a good way) and seem to rapid breathing…meanwhile the female is doing good…unfortunate male didn’t make it an hour in thank and died.
Checked my parameters and nitrate is 0ppm nitrite 0ppm and ammonia is between 0ppm-0.25ppm…any advice of input will be greatly appreciated.
TIA
How are you testing water and how long was acclimation?
Disregard Nitrite as it applies to freshwater and I would imagine API test kit which offers false results as its hard to read at times. I suggest taking a water sample to a store that does NOT use Api kits and have them test your ammonia and nitrates and compare readings- then you'll know where your levels truly are at
 
How are you testing water and how long was acclimation?
Disregard Nitrite as it applies to freshwater and I would imagine API test kit which offers false results as its hard to read at times. I suggest taking a water sample to a store that does NOT use Api kits and have them test your ammonia and nitrates and compare readings- then you'll know where your levels truly are at
I’m testing with API…I will be doing that tomorrow as they are close now..thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new