One EB8 keeps disconnecting the other EB8

skyrne_isk

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2019
Messages
705
Reaction score
546
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prior to last night when the power went out, I did not have this problem. I have an old school Apex brain the the old style (all black) EB8s - 2 of them. After the power came back on, Apex fusion was offline, so I power cycled the network in my home but then noticed that no outlets were working except for the ones set as fallback = on.

So I went to the apex display under system and reset the network on the device and still nothing. Then I noticed I had blinking lights on both the EB8s. One blinking green and one blinking orange. When I unplugged the usb on the EB8 blinking orange, the other kicked on and everything worked - solid green on the Apex brain and the EB8. But any time I plug the EB8 that was blinking orange they BOTH shut off and start blinking .

Any ideas what to do here? I am about out of ideas except to reload firmware or something.
 
For posterity- reloading firmware fixed this. Apparently this was a known issue that could happen until this latest patch. Which may be years old at this point, I don’t know…. haven’t updated firmware in ages.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new