One more light question - Please need your help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Berlibee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2015
Messages
1,852
Reaction score
2,794
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, ;)

At this moment I run a nano 20G tank with Kessil a360we. The tank size is 14 x 18 x 16 ( depth x width x height ) Next year I want to upgrade to an CAD Light Artisan II 35.5” x 23.5” x 18” . I would like to upgrade my light this year so I can use it for the Artisan tank later next year. And I have several choices:

1. One more Kessil a360we later and use x2 of them on Artisan II.
2. EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w Gen3 LED Light Fixtures
One XR30 provides coverage for 30x30 inches to a depth of 36 inches when hung 9 inches above the water. So I think one light is enough for Artisan or it's only "brand numbers" and it's much less light ?
3. Two Radion XR15w Pro LED to cove better area. Looks enough also if each of them can cover 24 inches. But two of them sounds the most expensive choice.

Or go with T5 ... so this is the question that I can't decide. Please will really appreciate your help and opinions. Thank you.

4. ATI 36 Inch 6x39W Dimmable SunPower T5 High-Output Fixture w/ Controller
5. 24" ATI POWERMODULE LIGHT FIXTURE, 1X75W LED & 4X24W T5 also much more expensive.
 
Reading all the weekend and can't decide. :D I think I'll upgrade my Kessil 360 to Radion xr30 Pro and then when i'll get a bigger tank add one more of them.

Your opinions are very very welcome! ;)
 
I just switched from a 50g cube with the 360 to a larger tank and went with the XR30 Pro's and love them. Everything in the tank is very happy under them.
 
Could you please share the size of the tank and are you using two XR30 Pro ? And is it Wide Lens version or not? :) Thanks for sharing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new