ONE MUST GO!!!

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cherub angel, it's a tiny terrorist and has the tank on edge, been trying to catch it for weeks.
When was he put in the tank? Curious because I would like to get one, and he'd be the last added to the tank. I had one briefly for 2 weeks before my sally lightfoot killed it and that one was pretty shy.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When was he put in the tank? Curious because I would like to get one, and he'd be the last added to the tank. I had one briefly for 2 weeks before my sally lightfoot killed it and that one was pretty shy.

I have had it for a couple of years now and it has always been naughty, it changed for the worse a couple of months ago.

waterskiguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regal tang. He’s fat and healthy, but starting to mess with my gem, longnose black, purple and sailfin. Not acceptable at all! None of my other tangs mess with each other at all. My purple is even a chill fish! Lol

I’m going to trap him this weekend and pass it on to a friend of mine that has a big enough tank and isn’t going to have any more tangs. He’s been a model citizen with all of the other fish.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great topic! Mine was my large Dejardini sailfiin tang. I had since he was small, now he is 8 inches or so. Huge bully. I dealt with it for a long time because I like the big guy....but I recently added a beautiful Queen Angel sub adult. He went nuts and wanted to kill it. I finally had to stop stalling. So Friday morning I caught the guy and brought him to my LFS. I felt bad though...but my tank seems happier. Now the Purple Tang (had him longer than the Dejardini) can eat off the algae grazer....lol...

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to just get rid of my purple tang, in an 8’ tank and has always killed anything that went near her cave. Sad to see her go but every fish is out and happy! It’s crazy to see what removing a bully does for the tank

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to just get rid of my purple tang, in an 8’ tank and has always killed anything that went near her cave. Sad to see her go but every fish is out and happy! It’s crazy to see what removing a bully does for the tank
LOL! IKR! I was like bummed, but it had to be done. The Dejardini bullied everything in the tank, especially if they wanted to eat from one of the two algae grazers in the tank. It didn't last constantly, but was enough to stress everyone out. I kind of miss the big guy though. That was a tough one!

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regal tang. He’s fat and healthy, but starting to mess with my gem, longnose black, purple and sailfin. Not acceptable at all! None of my other tangs mess with each other at all. My purple is even a chill fish! Lol

I’m going to trap him this weekend and pass it on to a friend of mine that has a big enough tank and isn’t going to have any more tangs. He’s been a model citizen with all of the other fish.

@waterskiguy Is that my old purple?!?

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 line wrasse for me. I'm noticing a trend with a lot of wrasse on this list.

tidefanjam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown, he’s killed 2 heads of my torch and moved on to my hammer now...

Back