One of Adam's hidden gems - Gilligan - show me yours !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its no mystery that Adam has a lot of gems - most of them that cant be found anywhere . I have got mostly budget Battlecorals but a few are there that makes it to the elite battle group.
One of them in Gilligan that I got around 7 months back. It was a brown blob for atleast 6 months and then suddenly changing to a rich deep red , green polyps and started encrusting. Its not an easy acro for sure , but what's the fun if it was easy .

Can't wait for it to show blue tips with rich deep pink body and white polyps. Adam - how's the colony looking now ?

If anyone has one , please show it !

Here's mine just starting to show promise :-

Gilligan.jpg

Regards,
Abhishek

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job, Abhishek! I've heard that Gilligan is quite finicky.

Well it surely shows in the way it behaves. Infact, I have stopped even moving anything around it or the frag itself and thats when it started showing some improvement . Somedays I believe - its not nitrates/phosphates, spectrum, lights , chemistry are the issues but its us with tinkering with the tank too much :)
My wife gave me a challenge to not put my hand anywhere inside my tank water for 30 days and I get to buy a signature piece of Adam !

Coming back to the topic - I am very interested to see how it has progressed for others who has managed to keep it alive and thriving.

Regards,
Abhishek

mace88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2333.JPG
This is a horrible pic I know. I am terrible and iPhone pic. This is Gillian in the middle with bossa on left and one of the greatest Angelica on the left I got in July. I am now getting white polyps and the left new growth that is going up is getting blue tips. Pretty good grower for me. Adam is the best! His corals are bullet proof! Month after I got them left country for 2 weeks and parameters got out of whack. Fried the tip of Angie! But grew back over and now encrusting.

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2333.JPG
This is a horrible pic I know. I am terrible and iPhone pic. This is Gillian in the middle with bossa on left and one of the greatest Angelica on the left I got in July. I am now getting white polyps and the left new growth that is going up is getting blue tips. Pretty good grower for me. Adam is the best! His corals are bullet proof! Month after I got them left country for 2 weeks and parameters got out of whack. Fried the tip of Angie! But grew back over and now encrusting.

Awesome man and thanks for sharing !! Yes , Angelica discussion should have its own thread .
But am so glad that they are doing great for you .
Did your gilligan look like mine , green polyps and then started to show white polyps ?
HowSbthe body color ? Pink ?

Regards,
Abhishek

mace88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it just started getting the white polyps. They were yellowish/ green since I had it. Seems once the blue tips came in the white polyps came in. it is definitely a coral I look at every time I look at my tank. Nervous now there is a mention of fincky!

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like yours is way past mine and doing great. What lights and PAR you have it in ?

Regards,
Abhishek

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish Adam would post pics of his mother corals,, I am sure they aren't colonies ,,, as he frags them,, but I would still like to see em :)

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I had one little frag doing well quite a while back but I had to move it between tanks due to construction and it died on me :( Just got a little frag to try again, fingers crossed!

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one little frag doing well quite a while back but I had to move it between tanks due to construction and it died on me :( Just got a little frag to try again, fingers crossed!

Sorry to hear about the loss !! How big had it become and how long did you have it Therman ?
I am sure the new one will do great in a matured tank like yours .

Regards,
Abhishek

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates on the gilligan?

It's growing slowly but surely . All new growth have a faded blue tips with white polyps .

Honestly , in my years of keeping acros - I have never seen a more finicky acro than this ! It's always the first to tell me something's off in my tank . I have OG purple monster too but the gilligan seems as difficult or may be more than the PM .

Regards,
Abhishek

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It's growing slowly but surely . All new growth have a faded blue tips with white polyps .

Honestly , in my years of keeping acros - I have never seen a more finicky acro than this ! It's always the first to tell me something's off in my tank . I have OG purple monster too but the gilligan seems as difficult or may be more than the PM .

Regards,
Abhishek

Thanks for the update. Hopefully some more people will chime in and pictures would be great :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back