Unboxing my first Battle Corals package was life altering

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing could have prepared me today for the religious experience of the yellow-and-white box that patiently sat on my front porch.

image.jpg

Yes, it’s true. I’ve heard so much about Adam and Battlecorals. The tight-knit community he has built for himself almost seemed cult-like. People would await mystery boxes with random corals that someone else preselected for them. I thought the idea was preposterous. I told myself it would never be me.

I decided to check his website, and I saw some rad Acropora for sale. I wisely self-selected Eight varieties of Millis and tenuis and proceeded to add to my cart.

I was wary of continuing with the checkout. I had executive dysfunction because I got burned by AEFW, and I didn’t want to risk quarantining and dipping such a pricy and beautiful lot.

I messaged Adam via text message, and he was swift to respond. I asked about his dipping methods. We had a nice chat. By all means, I am not suggesting you skip QT, as that was a decision I made for myself.

I placed the order on a Friday afternoon and went on about my day until I got a ping the following Saturday morning. It was from Adam. He said he didn’t have 2 of them, but he could offer substitutes.

After I agreed, and said instead he’d just upgrade me to a $1,000 battle box (my original order was around $700). I said, “Deal. How can I pay for the difference?”

He said there wasn’t a difference. He was going to upgrade me free of charge for an inconvenience. It was hardly an inconvenience, and I felt guilty for accepting it. Adam said he would, “add everything from your pack except those two, and I’ll round it out with a few more exceptional Millies and high-end tenuis.” He did not accept an extra dollar.

We discussed delivery and shipping dates. I wanted it shipped on Wednesday.

Upon opening the package, I saw many packing peanuts, custom stickers, and a cute handbook about acclimation and new-coral-care. I also saw two custom brushes, which I assumed were sent to scrub off algae from the plugs; I think it was unnecessary because these plugs and corals were as clean as a whistle. There was good encustment, too! These plugs were NOT new, and I did not see a spec of algae.

image.jpg

I’m going to use these to clean my powerheads. They are amazing.

image.jpg

The plugs had a unique design. They had a coned taper, and I appreciate how easy it was to snip off the stem to glue and epoxy the plug base directly to the rockwork.

A cut-off stem of the frag plug. Everything about this package is so bougie.

The corals were double-bagged in a high-quality plastic bag. The bag had the coral name, light requirement, and growth rate on a sliding scale from one through 10. It even stated how many years the coral was in captivity.

image.jpg

The frags were large and brilliantly colored. I could not be happier. The mystery add-on corals were insane. Someone needs to protect this man at all costs.

(Mystery selection)
Happy Glamper
IMG_7350.jpeg

Hellflower
image.jpg

Insanity tenuis (another mystery pick!) Photo taken under full spectrum T5. It’s glowing mad.
IMG_7352.jpeg

Excaliber
image.jpg

I promise I will work on my photography. I just needed to get this review posted ASAP to let Adam know how much I appreciate this package. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this excited for a package in a long time.

Thank you so much.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered:

PC Rainbow
Blue tenuis
Hellraiser
Excaliber
Schizo Sunset

(3 were missing from the original order because he didn’t have them in stock)

He gave me these as an add on. Last night before bed, I checked the individual coral on his website (to see the photos of the frags) and I was floored when I saw the prices of them, but he just gave them to me. I couldn’t believe it.

Bonuses:

Aquabat
Hellflower
MR Neutron
Happy Glamper
Insanity Tenuis
Blue Lighter

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing could have prepared me today for the religious experience of the yellow-and-white box that patiently sat on my front porch.

image.jpg

Yes, it’s true. I’ve heard so much about Adam and Battlecorals. The tight-knit community he has built for himself almost seemed cult-like. People would await mystery boxes with random corals that someone else preselected for them. I thought the idea was preposterous. I told myself it would never be me.

I decided to check his website, and I saw some rad Acropora for sale. I wisely self-selected Eight varieties of Millis and tenuis and proceeded to add to my cart.

I was wary of continuing with the checkout. I had executive dysfunction because I got burned by AEFW, and I didn’t want to risk quarantining and dipping such a pricy and beautiful lot.

I messaged Adam via text message, and he was swift to respond. I asked about his dipping methods. We had a nice chat. By all means, I am not suggesting you skip QT, as that was a decision I made for myself.

I placed the order on a Friday afternoon and went on about my day until I got a ping the following Saturday morning. It was from Adam. He said he didn’t have 2 of them, but he could offer substitutes.

After I agreed, and said instead he’d just upgrade me to a $1,000 battle box (my original order was around $700). I said, “Deal. How can I pay for the difference?”

He said there wasn’t a difference. He was going to upgrade me free of charge for an inconvenience. It was hardly an inconvenience, and I felt guilty for accepting it. Adam said he would, “add everything from your pack except those two, and I’ll round it out with a few more exceptional Millies and high-end tenuis.” He did not accept an extra dollar.

Upon opening the package, I saw many packing peanuts, custom stickers, and a cute handbook about acclimation and new-coral-care. I also saw two custom brushes, which I assumed were sent to scrub off algae from the plugs; I think it was unnecessary because these plugs and corals were as clean as a whistle. There was good encustment, too! These plugs were NOT new, and I did not see a spec of algae.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The plugs had a unique design. They had a coned taper, and I appreciate how easy it was to snip off the stem to glue and epoxy the plug base directly to the rockwork.

The corals were double-bagged in a high-quality plastic bag. The bag had the coral name, light requirement, and growth rate on a sliding scale from one through 10. It even stated how many years the coral was in captivity.

image.jpg

The frags were large and brilliantly colored. I could not be happier. The mystery add-on corals were insane. Someone needs to protect this man at all costs.

(Mystery selection)
Happy Glamper
IMG_7350.jpeg

Hellflower
image.jpg

Insanity tenuis (another mystery pick!) Photo taken under full spectrum T5. It’s glowing mad.
IMG_7352.jpeg

Excaliber
image.jpg

I promise I will work on my photography. I just needed to get this review posted ASAP to let Adam know how much I appreciate this package. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this excited for a package in a long time.

Thank you so much.
Makes me want to go order some corals now haha

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Welcome Home Team GIF by Pudgy Penguins

They look great! Adam is simply the best.
Can't wait to see them take off in your tank!!

**Battlebrushes are probably THE best freebie I've gotten from any vendor. I'm up to 3 of them and use them all the time.

geeked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

(Mystery selection)
Happy Glamper
IMG_7350.jpeg

Hellflower
image.jpg

IMG_7352.jpeg

Excaliber
image.jpg

Thank you so much.
Typo in the note "loosing" should be 'losing'.

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the excellent info. I haven't ordered anything from Battle Corals before, but I will try them now.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the excellent info. I haven't ordered anything from Battle Corals before, but I will try them now.
Definetly order from him! He’s so kind and has the best customer service you’ll ever find in this hobby.

I placed my second order with him recently. All of the acros from the first lot are thriving and look so lovely.

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so i couldn’t wait till after the holiday’s and placed a order this week, my Xmas present from my wife she told me to order some corals that’s all i ever want, anyway i was 100% confident to order from BC because of this thread so i shot a text to Adam and told him what i had in mind and he gave me my best option how to order and i completely trusted him and proceeded to place my order, my box came on Thursday and when i opened it and had my first look i was all smiles from ear to ear, couldn’t wait to see them under the light’s, i got 5 pieces and a monti that has to be 5 inches, crazy big and he threw in a ultimate sunset monti, Adam is just a straight up awesome dude and super easy to deal with I’m already working on my next order, can’t wait for the next box fist week of the new year can’t come soon enough, merry Christmas and happy new year

Attachments

• 008D0AD8-7C1D-428D-9BF4-0074ED430B31.jpeg
    008D0AD8-7C1D-428D-9BF4-0074ED430B31.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 78072DD2-D9A2-4F07-A463-662818B730BB.png
    78072DD2-D9A2-4F07-A463-662818B730BB.png
    729.7 KB · Views: 28

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back