One of my zoas ( some heads not opening) help

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so last night i took out my fire and ice zoa and dipped it because i saw 3 or 4 feather duster worms on the frag plug. I dipped the coral in revive dip and tried to manually remove them with a tweezer. I got 2 of them but there is still 2 more. Im wondering if the feather dusters will slow the growth of the zoa or cause them to close. Many heads stay open but a few close up throughout the day. I attached a pic pls advise on what i should do all my other zoas look great and there all on the same rock just seperate frags. Please lmk what you guy think and if the feather worms will hurt the zoas or not. Thanks

Snapchat-1875277293.jpg

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I'd just leave it. Most of those types of tiny feather dusters don't last too long. Even if it does, the Zoas will just grow around it. Dipping and scraping and pulling them out of the water is going to do more irritation than that feather duster will.

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100 percent agree with T-j. Leave it alone feather duster will be find. As long as they are not vermitid snails that have same tube then you will be fine. If it is v snails then remove

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back