One single aptaisa, how do I best get rid of it?

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing so well, I've had the tank running 10 months and no sign of the stuff. Turned my lights to white for some cleaning today and spotted one single aiptasia hanging out on a rock that has corals on it.

I want to get rid of this thing without spreading it, as easily as possible - what's the best way to do that? I don't have any Aiptasia X or chemicals at the moment, but I have some reef glue that is currently impossible to get out of the tube as some has dried on the top lol.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
V6rwZ4l.gif

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
some options: peppermint shrimp, berghia nudibranch, filefish, hydrogen peroxide, f-aiptasia, aiptasia-x, joe's juice, superglue/kalk paste OVER the exposed areas.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Keep it simple. . No need to add a shrimp or nudibranch for 1 or 3 or 5
Using syringe, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . kalkwasser powder mixed with tank water into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the very center core and it will melt away

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superglue. Any other method (except f-aiptasia) is likely not going to stop them from spreading

OP
OP
laezur

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some options: peppermint shrimp, berghia nudibranch, filefish, hydrogen peroxide, f-aiptasia, aiptasia-x, joe's juice, superglue/kalk paste OVER the exposed areas.
Superglue is what I was hoping to use. Just take the rock out and absolutely coat it with superglue?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Superglue is what I was hoping to use. Just take the rock out and absolutely coat it with superglue?
yes. just make sure it is thick enough or spread out evenly enough to areas of what you're supergluing are exposed because chances are it will move or spawn another head there.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Superglue. Any other method (except f-aiptasia) is likely not going to stop them from spreading
Just found 5 in my sump a week ago. Just checked and still gone- It dos work if done coreectly aiming for core, not just dropping kalk on them and walking away

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing so well, I've had the tank running 10 months and no sign of the stuff. Turned my lights to white for some cleaning today and spotted one single aiptasia hanging out on a rock that has corals on it.

I want to get rid of this thing without spreading it, as easily as possible - what's the best way to do that? I don't have any Aiptasia X or chemicals at the moment, but I have some reef glue that is currently impossible to get out of the tube as some has dried on the top lol.
If you can see one, you have lots that you cant see.

They're a normal part of reefing, you've just been lucky so far.

I'd remove the whole rock

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just quit now……jk. But seriously how many people have gotten rid of them completely and forever?
Seriously- Ive always had luck.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back