One to five BTA's

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rivus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rivus

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
89
Reaction score
70
Location
Blue Hill, Maine
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with one, but it won't stop splitting. Up to 5 now in a 45g tank which is a bit much. And the clowns still ignore all of them. I'd like to get rid of them but they are hunkered down on 2 rocks with a lot of other neat stuff.

Secret to getting them to propagate? Do nothing. All I do is a weekly 10% water change, no direct feeding and no supplements.

I will have to do something fairly soon or all I'll have is BTA's.
anemones5.jpg
 
I normally hang the rock upside down and work at it with a rubber spatula and usually something similar like a very rounded chopstick.

If you can manage to extract them, you’re likely to get some store credit or even just be able to sell them outright.
I just took 4 down to my LFS on Wednesday, and I still have 3 others that are ready to be sold. :)
I usually try to pay for my goods in BTA’s, when I can. :)

You also can convince them to move (Sometimes) on their own by seriously changing flow patterns, moving the rock or drastically changing lighting, but I usually just pick them off so I can avoid stressing the other inhabitants.

Best of luck!
 
Put rocks on top of them and with a bit of time and luck they will often move to the rock and can then be removed.
 
Thanks, I will give it a shot. Last year I brought a rock in with two large BTA's and got store credit that lasted for months. With small tanks I don't need much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new