Online stores with best return policy?

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is the right thread but... being new to reefing and an avid Amazon user. Which stores have the best return policy? I bought a Finnex heater (HMS 100 Watt Titanium Heater w/Digital Display & Remote Sensor) while still new in box I hear that these heaters should be placed horizontal and it's not as accurate when placed vertical. I called the vendor and he will credit me the amount, but I need to pay shipping. Finnex confirmed they recommend horizontal but no where on the vendor or company site does it say this. Glad I am not paying a restocking fee, but annoyed that I am paying for return shipping. So what online vendors have you had the best experience with on returned items?

Thanks in advance!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS is the gold class imo, outside of Amazon.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
BRS and live aquaria on dry goods

OP
OP
Gaspipe

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwateraquarium.com is good too. Depending on the why, most places are going to have you pay return shipping and if it's opened a restock fee.
I can understand if you change your mind or you ordered extra. You pay the shipping and restocking fee for the luxury of having the item on hand. I just feel this is something that should have been stated with the amount of popularity AIO tanks are.

I may keep it as a spare to be honest, now that the initial annoyance of paid shipping wore off lol. But good to know going fwd. Time to see what I should use.

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks for the quick reply. They are one of the vendors I bought some items from. Think they would have made me pay for return shipping?
If it's new and you just don't need it/want it, then you'll probably deduct the shipping fee from your refund.

If the item is faulty, damaged, or doesn't satisfy they'll most likely cover it.

brs has one of the best customer services, its why I prefer to shop with them even if the item is slightly cheaper than somewhere else.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody anywhere beat BRS 365 day returns?

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the on line reef stores I'm aware of will charge you return shipping if the item isn't defective, but so will Amazon. I had some plumbing parts (about $250 in schedule 80 fittings) from BRS, some for 3 years, and they took them back at full price (gave me store credit). I was ready to be turned down after that long, but they won a customer for life.

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love bulk reef supply. I have received cracked buckets of Tropic Marin that costed a couple hundred bucks and they sent me new buckets with just a photo.

Fyi- it’s usually good practice to keep your heaters horizontal. It allows the heat to rise up from the whole length of the heater. More than likely no self monitoring heater will be accurate vertical because the warm water is going to just climb right up the heaters body. Unless of course you are putting it near good flow.

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I love bulk reef supply. I have received cracked buckets of Tropic Marin that costed a couple hundred bucks and they sent me new buckets with just a photo.

Fyi- it’s usually good practice to keep your heaters horizontal. It allows the heat to rise up from the whole length of the heater. More than likely no self monitoring heater will be accurate vertical because the warm water is going to just climb right up the heaters body. Unless of course you are putting it near good flow.
That and the lower risk of it becoming unsubmerged at any point

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I thought the best practice with heaters was to not fully submerge, even if they are able to be. But this requires leaving in a vertical position with the thermostat dial area out of the water.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you would place a heater in the display tank when it comes to AIO system?
While horizontal may be optimal, I daresay nobody with an AIO is putting heaters in the DT.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 43 51.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.6%
Back