ONLINE VENDORS?

PatrioticAquaholic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for red dwarf or fuzzy lion fish. ive come across freshmarine.com who has them in stock but I have read bad reviews. no shop near me sell these and cant even track them down. anyone have ideas? id like to purchase today

bruleyii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also might want to check your state laws. I believe some states the lionfish is illegal.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lions that are banned are the Pterois species in Florida. They are not banned elsewhere.

It doesn't make a difference though, as we're talking about a Dendrochirus species which isn't illegal anywhere, even in Florida.

OP
OP
P

PatrioticAquaholic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to find a green puffer... But finding it's rather hard to track one down. As of now I just plan on an eel and the dwarf... But feel like my tank wouldn't be too active. Ideas for tank mates?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a zebra dwarf lion from bluezoo, and he's been a great fish in my tank now for coming up on a year. I keep a fuzzy, zebra, fu manchu, and antenatta all together in a 90 and they get along great. I have 3 caves and all of them will crowd into one cave and hang out like a bunch of bats. Liveaquaria does have a better guarantee. What size tank are you talking about.

OP
OP
P

PatrioticAquaholic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a zebra dwarf lion from bluezoo, and he's been a great fish in my tank now for coming up on a year. I keep a fuzzy, zebra, fu manchu, and antenatta all together in a 90 and they get along great. I have 3 caves and all of them will crowd into one cave and hang out like a bunch of bats. Liveaquaria does have a better guarantee. What size tank are you talking about.

im working with a 55 gallon. the reason im going for the dwarf. ive seen two kept in 55s before without fighting. either way I only bought one. if I can keep two id love to. but as of now im grabbing a snowflake eel and the dwarf. ill post pics this weekend. just setting up both tanks after a big crash. turned my hospital to a full blown mini reef. and getting a 6 bulb t5 fixture with an led strip for my 55. I want to house some large hammers in there torches. we will see.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you wind up with females, you're golden. I'm going to try and sex two females to put in my 210g, but will never put a male/female pair in a tank with other fish. When mine started breeding, it changed the whole dynamics of the tank. They started picking on the other fish, protecting their egg masses. Until then, it was perfection. I had 2 fuzzies, a Fu, Sphex and a Radiata lion in with multiple scorpionfish and waspfish in a 100g. I'm recreating that stock in the new tank... minus a pair of fuzzies. I'm going to try and put other lions in there, knowing they may have to come back out. Have somewhere else to put them, when you try. Remember that even two males can get along for a long time, until they reach sexual maturity. That's when things change.

OP
OP
P

PatrioticAquaholic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool. yes I have a great local shop I trade with that would take one seeing as ive contacted all 5 local shops and no one can order these I figured if I can consistently get them in from the online vendor I can trade for coral lol. would be awesome. how do I go about deleting threads? id like to delete some of my past threads.

jeremy.gosnell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few online vendors I do business with quite frequently. One is LiveAquaria's Diver's Den who remains my number one stop for fish (and in my top five online vendor shop for corals). Note that there is a stark difference between the Diver's Den and general LiveAquaria. Diver's Den orders ship from LiveAquaria's Wisconsin based aquaculture facility and LiveAquaria orders ship from a CA warehouse. Bluezoo Aquatics is my second choice for fish (I don't order corals from them). Those are the two primary online vendors I order from and between the two, you can get almost anything.

OP
OP
P

PatrioticAquaholic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea I ordered from live aquaria. my local shops want 75-80 bucks for the lions the sell for 23$!!!!!! you best believe I will inform my shop as to me being a supplier lol. have to set up a tank for them hahahaha. looking at the zoa colonies aswell on their site and they too are dirt cheap! my local shops suck. better/ smarter ppl on craigslist selling frags. will look into the divers though. thanks

Justin D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for red dwarf or fuzzy lion fish. ive come across freshmarine.com who has them in stock but I have read bad reviews. no shop near me sell these and cant even track them down. anyone have ideas? id like to purchase today
I will never buy from freshmarine again I ordered 4 fish they said they were all in stock only shipped one and the other 3 was not in stock the reef corner or ny aquatic if they say they have on there site they have there the best

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back