Only the best foods for my fish.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be an old chestnut but I would suggest there isn't anything better than feeding what mother nature feeds as much as is reasonably possible. You will have to put your own definition on reasonable there.

I buy live mussels from Morrisons along with frozen in the shell clams and frozen scallops. I have just been in Morrisons and picked up a bag a fresh mussels reduced to £1-60p about $2 of your funny money and dropped them straight in the freezer. These will last me a few months.

I feed other fresh foods that I buy from the fish market I freeze including fish roe cockle squid shrimp and prawn. I hardly ever feed flake or pellets.

I also cultivate pods outdoors in the Sumner and brine shrimp in the winter.
20230922_144625.jpg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I basically feed my tank exclusively seafood that I buy from the grocery store. I use a food processor to blend it all together and freeze into little cubes. My fish get a good variety because I use different types of seafood based on what is available from the store, and it’s cheaper than buying the normal fish foods.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep that’s the way to do it I go to the beech at low tide and get mussels

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 34 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back