Only the start

xrxzcx

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2022
Messages
123
Reaction score
182
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it was about time to do a build thread. I want to be apart of the cool kid club and have the badge. I don’t have pictures of the the set up currently but will be posting some soon. All I have are coral pictures. The tank is a Red Sea Reefer 170. I’m only keeping lPS/softie with plans on moving corals to have sps corals. The tank was set up in august of 2022.

Flow: 2 Ecotech mp10
Lighting: Ecotech Radion xr15 g6 blues
Controller: Apex A3 with the trident
In the sump:
Vectra S2 return pump
Red Sea ReefMat500
Red Sea Skimmer 300 (upgrading to the dc soon) connected to 2 brs co2 scrubbers
Red Sea ReefDose paired with a Nero 3 (to mix the 3 part. I had the pump laying around from a previous tank)
And an Ecotech battery backup

I’m dosing alk,cal, and mag with the 4th doser on standby with no3po4x.I manual dose Red Sea Colors 4 part every other day.

My parameters are the following:
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5-10
Phosphate: 0.02-0.3
Ph: 8.2 at night 8.4 at peak lights
Alk: 9.8-10.1
Cal:448-450
Mag:1400

For livestock I have a midnight clownfish paired with a premium frostbite clownfish, a biota mandarin, a cleaner shrimp, a staghorn hermit crab and other basic invertebrates.

I think that wrap things up.
 
Can't wait to see pictures of it!!!
 
These are the best side shots I have currently
 

Attachments

  • 8419C9D6-EFBE-437A-9CD8-3A0D18B72402.jpeg
    8419C9D6-EFBE-437A-9CD8-3A0D18B72402.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 118
  • F35A6A84-1BC6-4E55-A4DD-CEC572E1A450.jpeg
    F35A6A84-1BC6-4E55-A4DD-CEC572E1A450.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 900027AA-E0BB-40D4-8DEB-C0C8CFD0D245.jpeg
    900027AA-E0BB-40D4-8DEB-C0C8CFD0D245.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 111
  • A9FFCA9B-EC4B-45FF-87B9-047E3F1DEC7F.jpeg
    A9FFCA9B-EC4B-45FF-87B9-047E3F1DEC7F.jpeg
    246 KB · Views: 115
Awesome tank, love the gonis! How long after adding corals did you start dosing? also what salt are you using?
I started dosing a month after the tank was set up, the water changes weren’t replenishing what was being used. & I use premix water from my lfs but have been slowly experimenting with making my own. I need a rodi system first but I would like to use Red Sea black bucket.
 
Love it! Following along! Btw what’s the Alve you have as your prof?
I tried to get a pic of it but sadly my prof was the best one I got. It is called “ultra alveopora” from Cali kid corals.
 

Attachments

  • 8A52EC93-F170-43D4-B028-9109C8AE555C.jpeg
    8A52EC93-F170-43D4-B028-9109C8AE555C.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 616268DB-0E73-4906-86D7-54C3D753F353.jpeg
    616268DB-0E73-4906-86D7-54C3D753F353.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 64A064EA-5ED9-492F-88C8-B0E4D1D2C322.png
    64A064EA-5ED9-492F-88C8-B0E4D1D2C322.png
    362.5 KB · Views: 116
Shameless instagram plug nonsensical.reefer
Check my page out for more corals I have. Also running a nice giveaway (not sure if it’s allowed to advertise here)
 
Top down view from late December
 

Attachments

  • 7E432490-BD23-4476-A67A-F82303F96CE6.jpeg
    7E432490-BD23-4476-A67A-F82303F96CE6.jpeg
    322.6 KB · Views: 119
Some coral photo
 

Attachments

  • 7F7AF9BB-E102-45C7-9A64-C665A39C250D.jpeg
    7F7AF9BB-E102-45C7-9A64-C665A39C250D.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 5F06FFC5-A66C-43E0-9058-4E5C6E00906D.jpeg
    5F06FFC5-A66C-43E0-9058-4E5C6E00906D.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 1B6122FA-0B45-4B76-B995-729CEFD76DF2.jpeg
    1B6122FA-0B45-4B76-B995-729CEFD76DF2.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 770D1311-CEEE-4BB0-B515-CF8B9B483526.jpeg
    770D1311-CEEE-4BB0-B515-CF8B9B483526.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 18515411-7562-44DD-AD47-DD0DDAEA743D.jpeg
    18515411-7562-44DD-AD47-DD0DDAEA743D.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 88
Nice looking tank, lots of different colors, once those Zoas get to spreading it's going to look amazing.
 
Nice looking tank, lots of different colors, once those Zoas get to spreading it's going to look amazing.
Thank you, a lot of my zoas are on grow out disks and will be added to the aquascape when I have a mini colony going. Currently the only zoas on the scape are all doubles I got from mystery frag from live sales.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new