Ope! Hey from the Midwest

XFeathersx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today is the today to finally register for an account on this site. I've searched the forums for long enough that I'm interested in seeing what's for sale and decided I probably needed to have an account for that.

Do people even read "welcome to the forum entries" anymore?? Well if people do here's a bit about me: currently in Wisconsin, but I'm from MI and spent a few years in IA before moving to WI. I've had a 75g freshwater tank for 8 years now that I started in college with little to no research but still somehow have 2 of my starter black fin tetras. Last year I decided to get into the saltwater tanks that I've always wanted and around March of this year I setup a 32g Biocube.

(Also during the pandemic I setup a Walstad method 5g for kicks and dug 2 50g pond forms into my backyard but that just means I had too much free time.)

My first saltwater experience has been fantastic! Haven't lost anything that hasn't grown back (learned the hard way peppermint shrimp will snack on corals if not given enough food). Things are not so much more difficult than the freshwater tanks. I have LPS and soft corals, along with a pair of ORA clownfish, a green banded goby, and a Biota mandarin I feed live brine shrimp to in a small breeder till he gets bigger. My 2 porcelain crabs are my favorite critters though!

I have been amazed by my local reefing community and already have made a new friend. I was given great deals on some coral frags and one guy even gave me some for free as a welcome to the community!

Thanks to all the people on here that I've already learned so much from - thanks for sharing your experiences whether they've been successful or not.

-Hillary

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R fellow cheesehead!
giphy.gif

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today is the today to finally register for an account on this site. I've searched the forums for long enough that I'm interested in seeing what's for sale and decided I probably needed to have an account for that.

Do people even read "welcome to the forum entries" anymore?? Well if people do here's a bit about me: currently in Wisconsin, but I'm from MI and spent a few years in IA before moving to WI. I've had a 75g freshwater tank for 8 years now that I started in college with little to no research but still somehow have 2 of my starter black fin tetras. Last year I decided to get into the saltwater tanks that I've always wanted and around March of this year I setup a 32g Biocube.

(Also during the pandemic I setup a Walstad method 5g for kicks and dug 2 50g pond forms into my backyard but that just means I had too much free time.)

My first saltwater experience has been fantastic! Haven't lost anything that hasn't grown back (learned the hard way peppermint shrimp will snack on corals if not given enough food). Things are not so much more difficult than the freshwater tanks. I have LPS and soft corals, along with a pair of ORA clownfish, a green banded goby, and a Biota mandarin I feed live brine shrimp to in a small breeder till he gets bigger. My 2 porcelain crabs are my favorite critters though!

I have been amazed by my local reefing community and already have made a new friend. I was given great deals on some coral frags and one guy even gave me some for free as a welcome to the community!

Thanks to all the people on here that I've already learned so much from - thanks for sharing your experiences whether they've been successful or not.

-Hillary
Welcome Hillary,
Glad you and your cool crabs are here.
Welcome to the salty world.
Lots of friends to be made.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Many Wisconites ately and I am from Sheboygan area. . . at least Until, that is I arrive in Florida which is several months away. I will be in Florida then for good.

welcome42.gif

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

-Hillary
Yes we read and welcome new folks all the time, so welcome aboard. Suggest you also check out the 608 Reefers Club form if WIReefer hasn’t already beat me to inviting you. ;)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back