Opinions on Flame Hawkfish Bonded Pairs

Eva Rose

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
860
Reaction score
1,305
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering getting a flame hawkfish (Or a bonded Pair) for my tank. I had a 5 yr old Pixy Hawk that I really enjoyed but it died. I know some “bonded pairs” of fish can dislike each other once they mature. Is this true of Flame Hawks or do they usually stay tolerate of each other?
Also my Pixy hawk did not bother my bottom dwellers (YWG, jawfish & pink spot goby). Do Flame Hawkfish leave other tank mates alone?

Thanks for your input!
 
Can't answer the question about bonded pairs, but they are prone to enjoy shrimp! I lost my Flame Hawk to Irma but will eventually replace it...really cool fish in my opinion.
 
I've seen tanks with multiple same species hawkfish but they were huge tanks (350 and 500 gallons). Neither of those tanks seemed to have aggression issues between the hawkfish but it's not like I was watching them for extended periods daily.
 
Can't answer the question about bonded pairs, but they are prone to enjoy shrimp! I lost my Flame Hawk to Irma but will eventually replace it...really cool fish in my opinion.
That's okay. No shrimp in my tank. I have a bluespotted puffer that likes shrimp. My pixy hawk was a favorite.
 
I've seen tanks with multiple same species hawkfish but they were huge tanks (350 and 500 gallons). Neither of those tanks seemed to have aggression issues between the hawkfish but it's not like I was watching them for extended periods daily.
Thx. My tank is 300 gal. I was curious if anyone had experiences with Flame Hawkfish pairs.
 
Once they are bonded they seem to stay bonded. I have also added a new flame to an existing one. They didn't bond, there was chasing for a few days, but then they tolerated each other, that happened in an 80g.
 
Once they are bonded they seem to stay bonded. I have also added a new flame to an existing one. They didn't bond, there was chasing for a few days, but then they tolerated each other, that happened in an 80g.
Good to hear. I really enjoy all the personality that a hawkfish adds to a tank, so a pair will be even more fun.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new