Opinions on ICP test

Whasmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm.....
A thought is to stop dosing trace elements for awhile. I’ve seen this reaction when I tried to elevate my fluorine with AF fluoride drops.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm.....
A thought is to stop dosing trace elements for awhile. I’ve seen this reaction when I tried to elevate my fluorine with AF fluoride drops.

I wouldn’t diminish the possibility that a fluoride overdose could be a concern, but I would clarify that fluoride is not a trace element. It is considered a minor element.

The distinction can be important in terms of how It might be dosed and whether creatures might be adapted to highly variable concentrations or not (trace elements can vary a lot, most minor and all major elements vary in the ocean only as salinity varies).

OP
OP
R

Rpc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran another alk and p04 test. Same numbers as yesterday

alk-8.4
P04-0.18

not going to go crazy over the high phosphates I may dose a few drops of phosphate rx into a sock but not sure yet.

OP
OP
R

Rpc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
R

Rpc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled the skeletons out today and ran them through a very aggressive dip just to see if anything came off and They were clean.

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One odd thing about ICP-Analysis.com is that they don’t show your salinity on the report screen. However, if you click the “Share Results” button it will download a jpg image that does show the salinity at the upper right corner. Here’s mine:
A1BA2686-00AB-4D1C-B4D9-CE5EC58C391B.jpeg

Check what it reported for you salinity.
I dont think I trust ICP tests. These results just don't make any sense to me. I'm not experiencing any problems and some of these numbers are sky high. Okay I have a minor issue with run away phosphates but I am correcting it. Other than a little slime algae every one is healthy. I understand I'm comparing an at home test VS a lab test but I'm way lower on some of these. Magnesium for one I measure 1350 with my RedSea, Potassium 400 and thanks to you I looked at my salinity... 40.76?? Ummm no its 33ppt on my refractometer or 1.024sg on my LFSs Hanna digital checker. And Calcium WHAT?!?! 637?! I know I'm high but I test under 500. I dont think I trust ICP with these important numbers. I'm gonna try out ATI even though it's more expensive it would be worth it if they are accurate.

shared-widget-1593579671744.jpeg

Last edited:

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One odd thing about ICP-Analysis.com is that they don’t show your salinity on the report screen. However, if you click the “Share Results” button it will download a jpg image that does show the salinity at the upper right corner. Here’s mine:
A1BA2686-00AB-4D1C-B4D9-CE5EC58C391B.jpeg

Check what it reported for you salinity.
Looks like they got rid of that. I can’t see mine. Really disappointing. That’s one of the main reasons I sent it in.

Back