Questions on Nyos ION after first ICP testing

FisherReefing

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Seller Rating
5 ★
Rating Count
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit new to the SPS game and everything was going amazing until it wasn’t. Ran my first ICP test and from what I can tell my STN and RTN I’m noticing are deriving from a lack of Iodine. Not quite ready to go full moonshiners on this and have been using Nyos ION B two part. I did order some Iodine from ATI to fix the immediate but planning on incorporating Nyos Trace afterwards to keep some of the deficiencies up. Just looking for opinions or some newbie guidance.

IMG_0057.jpeg
 

Attachments

I'm skeptical that the low iodine alone is the cause of your RTN.

@Randy Holmes-Farley do you have a minute to take a look at the OP's ICP test results please?
 
I agree that low iodine is not likely to cause such issues, if anything at all.

Since a number of critical trace elements may be low (iron, manganese, vanadium, etc), I’d look into a trace element mix such as Tropic Marin A and K. NYOS trace may be fine, just not as familiar with it.

I’m not sure your issue has a chemical cause, and I’d keep looking for others, such as flow, pathogenic bacteria, lighting, organic toxins, etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new