Opinions on my 40G Breeder Stocking List

pacificnewt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main display tank is a 20 gallon long that’s definitely becoming crowded. I’ve been cycling a 40 gallon breeder with the aquascape in it since January and I plan on eventually breaking down the 20 and moving all the coral and livestock over to the 40g. Anyway, I want to hear from more experienced reefers in regard to my proposed stocking list. I currently have a clown pair, lawnmower blenny, and courtjester goby in my 20 gallon (all biota captive bred). I plan on moving them into my 40 gallon and also adding a mandarin and a trio of Banggai cardinal fish (also all biota captive bred). What are your thoughts?

I know that the court jester goby and mandarin would naturally compete for pods, however, given my court jester goby is captive bred and I plan on getting a captive bred mandarin, I’m assuming I can satisfy both of them with regular feedings of frozen foods. I’ve had my court jester for about a year and he loves pellets and hair algae.

Also, just for the record, the 40 gallon will be a softie/macroalgae tank. I’ve attached a photo of the bare tank right now.
IMG_4864.jpeg

eelman07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine with those fish as long as like you said the mandarin and court jester get enough to eat. it can be helpful if you have an lfs you could see if they have any madarins that they would show you eating frozen

Back