Opinions on my flow pattern

  • Thread starter Thread starter Squadir
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Squadir

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2015
Messages
384
Reaction score
125
Location
Trinidad, W.I.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys and gals,
just wanted to get an opinion on my flow setup, I'm thinking this should create enough flow and turbulence needed for a reef tank but opinions/suggestions are welcomed. Tank is 48L x 20H x 18W (75 gallons) and is/will be SPS dominant

TOP VIEW ....excuse my MS Paint skills :)
upload_2015-6-30_12-18-46.png



Grey outlines estimate rock placement, this is an old pic showing the bare aquascape, the plumbing has since been done over and is on the other side

upload_2015-6-30_12-29-39.png



Return is around 500 gph when I used the flow calculator
A- 550 gph Koralia
B&C are both 1050 GPH Koralias

C is pointed slightly upwards, A is pointed straight across and is 2 inches from the surface, B is pointed slightly downward and the return is straight across at around 2-2.5 inches from the surface.
The return and powerhead C create the majority of the surface agitation in the tank.

Any input is appreciated. :)
 
Looks good to me. However I have found that everything looks great on paper. It's how it actually performs when implemented. I find I have to move mine every once in a while to accommodate a new addition or help increase flow in another spot.
 
Thank you. :)
Funny you should say that, I just finished moving the 550 pH to help a dead spot. Its now on the right wall facing straight across and upwards. Flow is dramatically improved with that one move.
 
As corals grow they will impact the flow, upgrading/moving powerheads around is a must.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new