Opinions please

Jenz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi.
Had initial plans for a 90g predator tank but due to change in circumstances did a major downsize to a 40g.
Resigned myself that a scorpionfish wasn't possible so stocked with a pair of clowns (~2inchs) and 2 clown gobies that inhabit the top of live rock and coral ie top 3rd of tank.
Anyway was killing time and happened to read yet again the Nano pred thread and I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Could a Cockatoo waspfish, leaf scorpion, fu Manch or dwarf lion be possible partic with the gobies. Yes I understand the big mouth, small fish concept just figured it would hurt less asking than actually trying it.
I suspect if of anything the wasp fish may be the better suited, just Have to look into availability in Oz.
Thanks for time

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cockatoo is your best bet. Clown gobies are super tiny though, so they would have to be big ones at least.

OP
OP
Jenz

Jenz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cockatoo is your best bet. Clown gobies are super tiny though, so they would have to be big ones at least.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Yes they are about an inch in lgth, just figured the fact they don't enter the lower levels of the tank may hold them in good stead.
Guess am emailing my lfs to see if they are a fish that does come available on occasion; if not will resign myself it's not meant to be.
Thanks again for your time :)

OP
OP
Jenz

Jenz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry to bother again.
The clown gobies are 1inch/3cm
Am I kidding myself about adding a Scorpionfish; the lfs believes that the Leaf and Waspfish would even kill the clownfish. Admittedly they too only swim in the surface half of tank.
The lfs also claims a Fu Manchu gets too big for a 40g, is this your opinion as well? I only considered them as your website claimed they generally preferred crustaceans over fish.
Man confusion plus :-(
Sorry

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back