opsanus beta?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefCAKE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefCAKE

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
208
Reaction score
67
Location
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this look like opsanus beta? A LFS by me just got it and possibly thinking of bringing it home. Any info on the species I should be aware of? Would be going in with dwarf lions eventually.
toad.jpg
 
Yes that is what is commonly known as a toadfish. I would not trust one with my lions. They grow fast and will eat anything they can fit in their very large mouths. You can not tame the wild nature of this fish, they will eat them today or a year from now, but eventually it will happen.
 
Could be beta or Tau.

I catch them down here in the gulf, and they will definitely eat anything. They're best in a species only tank as they are ambush predators.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new