Optical Leak Detector

455Cutlassdave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having trouble setting up the optical sensor in the new A3 pro. I don't see an option for it in the task list. I switched the input type from floor water to optical.

The other issue is that I originally thought it was the liquid level sensor in the SWX1_1 port. As a result I keep getting low water alerts on the port the leak detection is plugged into.

SWX1_1 > 6 then on

I can't figure out how to get rid of this.

Help please. I'm an Apex newbie

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you plug it in all the way. It missensing as water on floor often means you didn't press it in all the way.

Go to the input page and rename the switch something meaningful like ATOlow or whatever you are using it for (no more than 6 characters).

What exactly are you trying to use this for? There isn't an optical task because they have many uses ranging from ATO to reservoir filling to overflow detection.

OP
OP
455Cutlassdave

455Cutlassdave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to use as a leak detection sensor on the cabinet floor. When I first programmed the port I thought that's where the liquid level sensor was plugged in and I set high and low levels. Now it's like that code is stuck and I can't figure out how to back it out.

OP
OP
455Cutlassdave

455Cutlassdave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I tried renaming the port to something more meaningful and also moved the sensor from port 1 to pert 4. I'm still getting the constant alarm.

I named it optical when it was in port 1 and changed it to leaks when I moved to port 4 to see if that would alarm as well. It has not and I think it's working in port 4. How to I delete the code below.

Screenshot_20220820-072509.png

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this will help, but I also was confused about this seemingly not working - I reached out to support. First of all the support guy was awesome. But anyways, I learned the switch has a ~30 second delay. After that I realized it was working and I wasn’t giving it enough time ti test properly.

FD80A6A9-A0C4-4AF5-B10B-060812F97D24.jpeg

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your email alarm outlet for that line you see the alert for and delete it. If you don't see that line, it means you added an alert to the inputs page of that device before you changed its type. You can fix this by changing the type to flow sensor, going to the alarm section of that input and change from above 6 to never Then change it back to optical.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 100 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.3%
Back