ORA Identification - Pearlberry or what??

  • Thread starter Thread starter ddr_phish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ddr_phish

Coral Collector
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
498
Reaction score
7
Location
Splendora, Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok was at the LFS today and they had a nice sale going on. Their ORA pieces in the tanks didn't look too good because they were under 10k lighting, but they had just came in. I bought these two pieces.
(I apologize for the crappy pictures in advance, I realize that it makes it a bit harder, but my DSLR isn't here at home right now)

This one I thought was Pearlberry, the employee verified this, and it definitely looks like one, so it is Pearlberry, right?
DSC03094.jpg


This one was sold as a new ORA piece, I think he said Purple-Tipped Nana, I didn't have a clue what it was but it looked nice. At home in my tank now, it looks like a PEARLBERRY too, with even better coloration than the first.
DSC03093.jpg


I might point out that in the store 10k lighting tanks these two pieces looked COMPLETELY different, but under my 14k with actinic supplement, look remarkingly similiar.

Here's the real kicker though, I'm not ticked even if these turn out to both be Pearlberry because I got em for 35$ each baby! All coral was %50 off!!!!!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new