ORA Mandarin Behavior

dylandionysius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I have a question about an ORA mandarin I’ve had in my tank for a few days now.

He’s been acting incredibly odd. Normally mandarins I’ve had in the past are quite active little guys. This one literally sits in the corner of my tank and doesn’t move-all day. I will go to sleep in the evening and wake up and he will be in the exact same place hanging out. His breathing isn’t stressed at all, he refuses to eat any prepared or live foods. I’m just really stumped.

IMG_4232.jpeg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell in the blue light, but the sand looks new, so I'm guessing not much copepod population in the tank. Again, it could be the blue light, but it looks skinny

you are right, I've seen a few mandy's just sitting there on the sand not moving, to me its a sign of death. Sorry, I hope it works out, but it needs to eat or it will die.

OP
OP
dylandionysius

dylandionysius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell in the blue light, but the sand looks new, so I'm guessing not much copepod population in the tank. Again, it could be the blue light, but it looks skinny

you are right, I've seen a few mandy's just sitting there on the sand not moving, to me its a sign of death. Sorry, I hope it works out, but it needs to eat or it will die.
Yeah I was under the impression that spending way more on a captive bred one would mean that they would just accept prepared foods

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back