ORA Red Goni - anyone have any experience?

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2020
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
1,661
Location
Denver, CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experience with these? My LFS has some very nice frags on sale for a very reasonable price, and I'm tempted to buy one. I know gonis are difficult, but I've heard this strain is one of the easier ones. Can anyone back that up?

Here's a pic for those interested in what they look like.
e0fbe4395a39b253329df44da7780f60.jpg
 
I’ve got one in my Red Sea system. It was fine for a year or so, and now it’s encrusted in the rocks but never extends. It just grows in the rock and doesn’t ever come out.

There’s a bigger green version next to it so that maybe the reason.

Give it a try it looks a stunning example.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new