ORA Skyline Granulosa

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on anyone’s skyline? Or anyone pick one up that wants to share? I really need to take pics but my wife hogs the camera and computer with her chattery work most of the days.

mborn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a phone pic of mine. Picture inserted sideways, so it’s on the right or lower front. I ordered it from Liveaquaria and shipped from ORA. It arrived tan, but is developing nice blue as it grows.
41FB4E5A-11BD-4899-B0BA-068C5A06B2C9.jpeg

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People, can we get some more pictures of this coral please?

@mborn - Any chance you have a picture with less blue in it?

I think @Pedoconfuego suggested he has one but he's demanding a fee in exchange for posting a picture.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still haven’t messed with the cannon but I took an iPhone pic the best I could. So hard to take any decent pictures with it. The corals starting to look pretty nice and with Ruby tips and purple polyps in the tips, branches are very light green but getting more white each week and the base is a mint green. I am sure once I take decent pictures with the good camera it will look much better but it’s hard to find time.
A1DCCC15-4DE8-43D5-A5A6-E48CBC491822.jpeg

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still haven’t messed with the cannon but I took an iPhone pic the best I could. So hard to take any decent pictures with it. The corals starting to look pretty nice and with Ruby tips and purple polyps in the tips, branches are very light green but getting more white each week and the base is a mint green. I am sure once I take decent pictures with the good camera it will look much better but it’s hard to find time.

That's fantastic! How long have you had it? Any idea what PAR your piece is at? Nutrient level?

I'm really excited about this coral in particular and I'm hopeful mine will color up. If memory serves, when I received my frag (directly from ORA via @LiveAquaria) it was tanish. Mine is now green, which I am hoping is a transitionary color. It has been growing, though.

Thanks for posting a picture. I've been itching to see pictures of this one.

There's a potentially neat looking ORA Rasberry Granulosa that is worth checking out here.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I am going to try and get the raspberry next time. I don’t know the par but it’s on the side of the tank for the most part. Running two 250w radiums and four 3’ or2 bars over a 100g Rubbermaid tub. Mine was green when I got it and slightly pale from shipping. I have hopes that the branches will be mostly white near the ends once it takes off. We will see, I hope more people pick this up and share their progress!

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I am going to try and get the raspberry next time. I don’t know the par but it’s on the side of the tank for the most part. Running two 250w radiums and four 3’ or2 bars over a 100g Rubbermaid tub. Mine was green when I got it and slightly pale from shipping. I have hopes that the branches will be mostly white near the ends once it takes off. We will see, I hope more people pick this up and share their progress!

White branches with ruby tips would be awesome. Here's to hoping.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Pedoconfuego - Check out the Kermit Song Granulosa if you haven't already. I ordered a 5-pack of deep water/smooth skin acros from @Battlecorals and I received a piece of it. Granulosas are hard to beat, in my opinion. The smooth, bubbly appearance, coupled with the prospect of light/white-ish branches is appealing to me.

saltwatershark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one ORA skyline granulosa from live aquaria and was so impressed I bought four more. They were minty/whiteish with pinkish tips upon arrival, and have since colored up orange/reddish with lavender tips. They fluoresce At 15K+ and look dramatically different depending on light (They look green at 18K+). The frags were impressive—large frags with growth all over the plug. Mine have grown noticeably in 6weeks and have survived a couple mishaps (radions at 100% for 3 hours, then dumped too much lugols iodine and strontium into the tank, all while the phosphate was too high). I’ve gotten that mess corrected and throughout it, the skylines are doing great! These pics are no good because I don’t know how to use my iPhone with the Radions. Pics are 12.5K and 20K. They look great but my pics suggest otherwise.

5F3BC9D0-3B83-4821-A346-7B71F3D0B6B3.jpeg 17377074-7B8D-4194-B057-F237381D0F82.jpeg B708FE70-E819-42D4-924F-BDE9B52FDA3F.jpeg 11B5C54E-D909-437A-8062-8EBD50607C9D.jpeg 54321D00-1EB8-4282-B01B-86C602EC32CE.jpeg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange reddish? Wow I am missing out. Are you planning on putting them together to form a good colony or something? I think that’s the first time I have seen anyone purchase that many of the same frag! I did love the tip color I saw when it was happy. Mine stalled growth with a nutrient spike from adding too many fish but I have hopes the new bulbs I put in will make it take off.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is an update on mine even though it doesn’t deserve one yet. Just a fun phone filter pic for now. Nutrients blew up on me after adding some fish so the skyline turned completely green. It was growing a little but stopped when the nutrients went up. Hopefully the next updates a little better.

50B67DAF-D926-4C38-B347-9B354254894C.jpeg

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up last week what I believe to be a skyline Granulosa. The local lfs had it baking under some leds and completely bleached it except for the part hidden from the lights. It's regaining color, but still mostly pale green. They gave me a good price, so I can't complain. I must say that I hate the Ora frag plugs, couldn't cut it for the life of me with cutters, so I just stuck the whole thing in. It's a very dense plastic and the frag was encrusting completely around the base. Crossing my fingers that it colors up, but it's going to be a while. I have it in a reasonably high light and flow, though this is my first granny, so any advice is appreciated.

I also picked up a purple Ora loripes as well, as that lfs usually has a few Ora pieces randomly.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught a picture of mine on accident where you can see the tip color coming back and the nice bright purple tip polyps but it’s a blurry pic cropped out. I am still hoping it continues to color up but somethings not right with my tank now so i don’t have my hopes up. I just gotta figure out what’s going on. I can kinda see how the pink tips look a little orangish now too. I just need to get a better shot for you guys.

AE71C0C6-C584-43D1-AA64-5AF4074F3E13.jpeg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 125 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back