Orange Back Fairy Wrasse Tank Size?

TurdFerguson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have an Orange Back Fairy Wrasse coming in the mail tomorrow. I ordered from a site(Reef Beauties) that does not have tank size suggestions. But, I saw that they only get to 4" max so I figured its fine for my IM Nuvo 40g. But, when I was trying to figure out if it will eat copepods I saw many recomendations for a minimum tank size of 90g. Anyone have thoughts on this? Also, are there signs to look for to see if the size is stressing it out?
Thanks

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have an Orange Back Fairy Wrasse coming in the mail tomorrow. I ordered from a site(Reef Beauties) that does not have tank size suggestions. But, I saw that they only get to 4" max so I figured its fine for my IM Nuvo 40g. But, when I was trying to figure out if it will eat copepods I saw many recomendations for a minimum tank size of 90g. Anyone have thoughts on this? Also, are there signs to look for to see if the size is stressing it out?
Thanks
Short term it’ll be alright but long term they do need 4’ length for swimming in.

Upvote 0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%

Back