Hooded Fairy Wrasse

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Hooded Fairy Wrasse that was hiding for a few days and now has come out but won't eat. I feed Mysys and he gets excited when I feed but spits out what he bites at. His eyes seem cloudy to me. He has been active the last few days just not eating.

IMG_7085.JPG IMG_7088.JPG IMG_7089.JPG IMG_7090.JPG IMG_7091.JPG

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does not look too thin. Eyes look ok based on low resolution photos but could be clearer in person. Any other symptoms?

I would try more types of food and see if you see a better response. Even eating something and spitting it out isn’t a bad sign. It’s at least a feeding response.

Did you QT it?

OP
OP
dadnjesse

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got him in January and he was very active and eating like crazy, then he went missing for a day and came out very late that day. He did the same thing for the next 3 days and now is out like normal. He just isn't eating that I can tell. I have offered flake and pellets, but still can't tell if he eats them. I thought maybe he was getting picked on but not that I have noticed. Hopfully he starts eating again he's a very pretty fish.

rc8t6353

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also try soaking his food in a garlic supplement. I used some from my LFS to get a dwarf lionfish to eat mysis. Also selcon is a supplement to soak food in

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, if you can get live baby brine shrimp that would be a great choice. If not, maybe try Masstick, eggs like nutrimar ova, spirulina brine, etc. soaking in Selcon can sometimes work too. If it has a feeding response that is good though. Just keep trying other foods. Live or frozen preferred.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back