orange plate coral

dottybacks

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2014
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a 2'' orange plate coral today but I am wondering if is gonna eat fish if the fish sit on it or sleeping close to it at night? read some research that some people said they might eat fish.
 
My bottom dwellers always rest on scolys and plates without any problems.
 
If an invert or fish dies and falls on top of the plate I will attempt to eat it. No worries, your fishies are safe
 
There's nothing to worry about. It will be fine. Enjoy your plate! They're my favorite!
 
But I just notice a problem right now which is my flametail blenny is picking on the plate. I saw he did that for two times and he have shape teeth.
 
He may not actually be hurting it. But I highly suggest an algae supplement if your tank doesn't contain enough. They spend much of their time grazing on the algae found on the rock. I feed mine small strips of dried algae every other day plus his regular diet of Reef Frenzy. He's never touched a coral, including my Fungia (Plate)
 
I dont feed any dried seaweed to him but I did feed my blue tang and him some spirulina brine. I think I should go buy some dried seaweed for them. He did pick on my flower pot that I used to have it placed near his burrow.
 
Can you post a picture of said orange plate coral? :photo:
 
This is the one i have
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 200
I'm sure it's a Blasto, and will not eat your fish. Depending on your lights, start it out near the bottom and slowly bring him up. Their slow with aclimating.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new