Orange Spiny Lobster

Kyle Soto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 5.50.49 PM.png

I saw this orange spiny lobster on Diver's Den, does anyone have any additional information on these? How would it do in my 65 gallon tank with soft corals. Any information such as food and if they knock things over would be helpful.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 5.50.49 PM.png

I saw this orange spiny lobster on Diver's Den, does anyone have any additional information on these? How would it do in my 65 gallon tank with soft corals. Any information such as food and if they knock things over would be helpful.
Being a lobster, they’ll move stuff around a little bit until they set up a suitable den so that you’ll never see it again. As for corals, it’ll probably ignore them because softies excrete enough slime to deter most anything aside from angelfish. It might pick at them for the first few days, but will likely get over it after realizing the coral isn’t very tasty. For food, I’d recommend raw cocktail shrimp and raiding your local asian food market for squid and other raw shellfish.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They get big and would honestly look a little sad in that size tank

And I'd be afraid about the safety of any fish

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back