Orange Spotted File Fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fury808
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fury808

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2024
Messages
253
Reaction score
172
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been introducing foods to two orange spotted file fish that I just received from Dr. Reef. It was very interesting that as soon as I put the nutramar in the tank they immediately became more active. I was absolutely shocked when one swam to the glass where I had smeared the food and immediately ate 4 bites. It did not do this with any of the frozen foods, the Reef Nutrition Brine shrimp, or the pellet foods. It also showed no interest in Maastick smeared on dead acro coral. It picked some more bites of nutramar out of the water column.

20250710_182706.jpg 20250710_182720.jpg
 
I've always heard nutramar is some of the best food to give a fish that is picky!
 
I've always heard nutramar is some of the best food to give a fish that is picky!
Today the skinny one started eating Maastick. He is so skinny I picked him up and pushed his mouth into the food. He also seems to finally be imitating his fat friend.
 

Attachments

  • 1000033089.mp4
    7.9 MB
I'm noticing that it doesn't stick to the glass long enough for the fish to consume it all. I think it would be helpful if it stayed on longer for slow eaters. Please pass my request on to product development?
 
I'm noticing that it doesn't stick to the glass long enough for the fish to consume it all. I think it would be helpful if it stayed on longer for slow eaters. Please pass my request on to product development?
I will pass your feedback along! I wanted to confirm if you are using Nutramar Pellets or Nutramar Shots to stick to the glass. Our pellets can be stuck to the glass, but are designed to be crumbled and fed to fish and invertebrates, while our shots are tackier allowing them to stick to the glass longer.
 
I am using both. I have purchased all your products.

The shots stick longer than the pellets but still start breaking into pieces quickly. My fish love the taste but it doesn't stay on long enough. Of course, I have to avoid putting too many nutrients in the tank so I can't keep adding it.

Please do a side by side comparison with shots from other brands and you will see the difference. The other brand gives my fish much longer to consume it all.

They react to your food quicker but just don't have enough time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new