Orange spotted filefish eating help

luceym

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone and just before you say these are difficult, I know that they are but... I wanted a challenge and I have always adored these fish, I have read many times that they do eventually adapt to frozen food and even pellets and flakes! My one has been in there for a day now and I fed him some mattick and lobster eggs, bit of a challenge as he has a few gutsy tank mates. He has been pecking at the glass, the side of the algae peg which is a good sign i guess, I think he potentially was eating some of the lobster eggs but it was difficult to see as they are so small. My question really is, does anyone have any true experience with these fish and any advice to entice it onto frozen food or something else, I know they like corals and he did peck at my sole coral which has now got a plastic cage lol look forward to hearing from you all!! Xx

20211006_212704.jpg

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone and just before you say these are difficult, I know that they are but... I wanted a challenge and I have always adored these fish, I have read many times that they do eventually adapt to frozen food and even pellets and flakes! My one has been in there for a day now and I fed him some mattick and lobster eggs, bit of a challenge as he has a few gutsy tank mates. He has been pecking at the glass, the side of the algae peg which is a good sign i guess, I think he potentially was eating some of the lobster eggs but it was difficult to see as they are so small. My question really is, does anyone have any true experience with these fish and any advice to entice it onto frozen food or something else, I know they like corals and he did peck at my sole coral which has now got a plastic cage lol look forward to hearing from you all!! Xx

20211006_212704.jpg
Go to the Search forums file above and key in Orange spotted filefish. You will find a lot of info there.

Keywest99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to the Search forums file above and key in Orange spotted filefish. You will find a lot of info there.
Masstik frozen blood worms and brine shrimp for mine. Took a few days on the blood worms and brine but now he eats very well. He won't touch mysis shrimp or plankton, dont know why, then again my other fish won't either

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back