orange spotted rabbit

ClowinRound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seen this guy at one of the LCD and wanted it. wanting to see if anyone has any experience with one and recommendations on taking it on. thanks

20170615_142528.jpg

b_evans06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one for around 6 months before I came home one day to some of my zoa colonies wiped out. Traded him to a local guy who has a tank with no zoas. It was an awesome fish tho. Always peaceful and out in the open. It swam around slowly and got a long well with my sailfin tang. I loved the colors of it. I don't think it was from lack of feeding as I feed the tank daily and always fed algae sheets on a clip also.

OP
OP
ClowinRound

ClowinRound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow thanks for the feed back. I finally did do some reading, and yes they will pick. So its a no. Im just starting to get on my zoa game too. thanks again

Smashville

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ime less than half wind up eating soft corals... it's just one of those risks that you may or may not want to take
I agree. There are certain fish that you will want that will be on the 50/50 bubble. You just have to decide if it's worth the risk and be will to pull the fish out if it doesn't.

Last edited:

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, they get really big pretty quick. People are always talking about how a certain fish will get 12" or whatever but this one actually will in my experience. I got this fish when I had a 90g and accelerated my 180g upgrade plans because of it... and then I still had to re-home the fish after less than a year in the 180. I am a fan of rabbit fish but this fish's size coupled with its spastic skittish temperament makes it not a good fit for tanks smaller than several hundred gallons IMO.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%

Back