Orange Tongue coral spawning

  • Thread starter Thread starter sjfishguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sjfishguy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2016
Messages
253
Reaction score
208
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a beautiful orange tongue coral with purple rim and purple polyps for 8 years. It has grown to 12” long and 4” across. Today I saw it spawn! I have never heard of a tongue coral spawning in a home aquarium, so I thought I would share. I caught the very end of the spawn


View attachment 20251115_204753_E446D515-C29C-4B14-872D-219154EC7414.mov
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new