Orange Tongue coral spawning

  • Thread starter Thread starter sjfishguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sjfishguy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2016
Messages
254
Reaction score
208
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a beautiful orange tongue coral with purple rim and purple polyps for 8 years. It has grown to 12” long and 4” across. Today I saw it spawn! I have never heard of a tongue coral spawning in a home aquarium, so I thought I would share. I caught the very end of the spawn


View attachment 20251115_204753_E446D515-C29C-4B14-872D-219154EC7414.mov
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new