Orbit Marine 72" IC LOOP PRO Dual LED System w/HUB (4228)

mikebusc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for anyone who actually uses this fixture, or similar size, (or used in the past) and what your overall view is about it. Particularly what type of corals you keep under it and how are they doing? I understand there are better fixtures but I'm curious about this one in particular. Thanks!

ThinBuLine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the pro 48”

I have an acro, birds nest and some more complicated lps under it with no issues so far. Growth and coloration will probably be much better under a higher quality light but it does the job for me.

Only complaint I have is no UV setting for the neon look a lot of people like.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for anyone who actually uses this fixture, or similar size, (or used in the past) and what your overall view is about it. Particularly what type of corals you keep under it and how are they doing? I understand there are better fixtures but I'm curious about this one in particular. Thanks!

Are you speaking of the LOOP series from Current USA?

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've been using these lights (and others) for years and the only down side is that they are underpowered.

Currently, I have (4) lights installed on a tank whose depth is 12 inches. Prior to that, I had them on a tank whose depth is 16 inches.

On both tanks, I enjoyed good color and growth of the coral (Hammers and Zoas).

I wouldn't go deeper than 16 inches in tank height with these.

OP
OP
mikebusc

mikebusc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using these lights (and others) for years and the only down side is that they are underpowered.

Currently, I have (4) lights installed on a tank whose depth is 12 inches. Prior to that, I had them on a tank whose depth is 16 inches.

On both tanks, I enjoyed good color and growth of the coral (Hammers and Zoas).

I wouldn't go deeper than 16 inches in tank height with these.
Thanks. I’m assuming if I got a third light it wouldn’t work in the actual LOOP system? (If I wanted to add to it in the future) It looks like the programming is meant for just the two. I could always add a third party light and manually control it with a separate timer or something.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I’m assuming if I got a third light it wouldn’t work in the actual LOOP system? (If I wanted to add to it in the future) It looks like the programming is meant for just the two. I could always add a third party light and manually control it with a separate timer or something.

That light is sold in pairs. You can place two lights on one controller, which is included. To add more lights, you can daisy chain a second controller to the first and add two more lights.

T€rm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran them for 3 years on my 75 , I had to run them at 100% blue and 50% white to get 75 par at the bottom of my tank. 80 % white got me around 100 par at the bottom. I’ve kept hammers alive although growth was slow.

All you need is a light hub to add another light to your system!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back