Orbit marine Pro ramp timer help.

Keachj06

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought an orbit marine pro with the timer, love all the different effects and lighting changes however when I set the time it doesn't move it just stays there so it won't cycle through any of the pre programmed items let alone I can't program anything because it will not progress in time I set it for 11:07 I come back at 1900 and it reads 11:07 and it's now dark outside yet my fish think it's day time because the timer didn't move and it's still got the bright white leds. Anyone ever have this problem with this ramp timer pro thing. Thanks in advance

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After you set your clock to 11:07 did you push the enter button.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a customer's review: Saying they had to fix the time on the ramp timer 3 times in one month.

If you bought it from your (lfs): Call ahead, see if they will swap the led ramp timer from another unit.
If you bought it online: Email Current USA and they will get it straight and send you a new ramp timer.

Once your up, keep the led unit sealed in something like a plastic sandwich baggy at all times, even while your making changes with the remote control. This Slightest moisture will flake it out for good and if your not under warranty a replacement is about $100.00.

jeflen651

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was me I would take it back or send it back to whom ever you bought it from and get my our money back. Over the past few years these lights have had several issues. Mine worked fine but I had it set up to turn off at 11:00 PM and then for what ever reason it would come back o at 12:00 AM and turn off again at 1:00 AM. There were several complaints about this and was never resolved. Take it back and run!

OP
OP
Keachj06

Keachj06

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang I bought it on amazon and I really like the thing is there a suitable substitute

OP
OP
Keachj06

Keachj06

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a pretty good deal on it

IMG_0007.PNG

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great price but it's not the Pro model.
The Orbit Marine Pro is my link.
You got the Orbit Marine.
They use the same Ramp Timer but the led's are very different.

Great Price though:)

OP
OP
Keachj06

Keachj06

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the difference now wow, I wonder how much nicer those leds are and if they really make a difference maybe for a deeper tank I could see that being the case I only got a 75 gal so I hope this will be enough.

jeflen651

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank has soft corals or most LPS corals it will be fine. If you are even considering SPS corals it will not be strong enough. This particular light will make a good starter light but if you have any thoughts of upgrading I would spend the money now to upgrade.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank has soft corals or most LPS corals it will be fine. If you are even considering SPS corals it will not be strong enough. This particular light will make a good starter light but if you have any thoughts of upgrading I would spend the money now to upgrade.
+1

jeflen651

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If money is an issue I think you would be better off finding some good high quality used lights. There are always adds on R2R or on craigslist. A good LED light is going to cost $400 and up new. You can find a good used light for about half the price. Make sure if you do buy used that the lights can be replaced. Most high quality lights are good for about 10000 hours. The orbit Marine lights are not replaceable and are good for 4800 hours. Just something to consider.

OP
OP
Keachj06

Keachj06

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know I'll look into getting something different

Michael Frank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on my second replacement timer. Some one above talked about putting it in a plastic ziplock. I fully agree. Customer Service at Current-USA is great about replacing, but the timers are not very durable. Also.. back up light only. This light is not for SPS.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back