Help with proper set up for Ai orbit gyres

j.leven

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. A couple weeks ago I bought an Ai orbit 4 and an Ai orbit 2 for my 120g 5’ long tank. I wasn’t really worried about flow too much because I just had fish at the time and just set them up with how someone recommended. but now I want to get into corals and just got a few frags (3) and I know I need to be more mindful of flow. This tank in question is attached with the rock work for more inflation. Currently the Orbit 4 is on the left side horizontally pushing directly to the right, the Orbit 2, is on the back panel horizontally shooting down, and my simplicity 2100 return pump is on the top right shooting current from the top right to the top left across the tank. Can someone help me position these three things for a more appropriate flow and to take advantage of the gyres? Thank you in advance.

IMG_2820.jpeg
 
I had these set up for a while. I had one on each side. Alternating flow each hour. The schedule i ran was random flow for that hour. This worked really well. In total each direction was on 12 hours a day and by alternating the flow with random mode really provided great randomized flow.

I had these programmed through the apex and when the side that was off I had set to 0. The other side would be set to 100% with high change rate.
 
I had these set up for a while. I had one on each side. Alternating flow each hour. The schedule i ran was random flow for that hour. This worked really well. In total each direction was on 12 hours a day and by alternating the flow with random mode really provided great randomized flow.

I had these programmed through the apex and when the side that was off I had set to 0. The other side would be set to 100% with high change rate.
Thank you! Did you have them both set at the same height or different heights?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new