Orca/6255?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jhart85
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
There is some uncertainty here, we have planned to make a heavy duty version of the ORCA for the 6255. It works but the issue is it a great deal of thrust for the clamp and pipe to handle, we had discussed longer term having a version that was beefier and could be extended deeper. The ORCA can actually handle 6055, 6075, 6095, 6105, 6255 as long as they are HUB edition models as you have to have a pump with the 4 pin waterproof connector to connect the pump to the ORCA. The 6255 is with caveats that you will need to be absolutely sure the clamp is secure and the pipe will need to be not overly extended, angles and pulses will need to be less extreme, it is pushing the limit and ideally we would have a heavy duty model. As far as sets, the only sets will be with 6105 or 6075 for now and possibly later we will introduce a heavy duty model with 6255, the limit is not the device itself it is the clamp to the tank and the pump being secure against that much thrust at varying angles.
I can say the 6255 hub edition works with a firmware upgrade BUT the clamps break, I found 2 Orca's in the tank when I came home the last 4 months. I now reduced the max flow on the 6255 to 60%. Last 4 months I replaced 18 clamps on 4 Orca's and have 12 more on order as spare. Today I found 1 more clamp broken, luckily the Orca is secured by 3 clamps. Contacted Tunze many times, there is no issue according support.

I'm very interested in the stronger version of the clamp that you are speaking about. Any update / more information on that? That would really solve my problem.
 
Unfortunately today another Orca found in the tank. I immediately pulled it out, this is the 3e one that took a dive. All 3 clamps have been broken makes the total I had to replace the past 4 months 21 total. I also contacted Tunze support via WhatsApp but ofcourse no response like last time. All clamps break on the exact same spot. Could it be the saltwater is causing the plastic clamp to break by making it soft?



20260824_023446.jpg
 
Allright, got a reply from Tunze. They are working on a new clamp, well a different material, not sure if the whole clamp will be redesigned. In the meantime Tunze will send me some more spare clamps, I will reduce the flow from 60% to 50%.
 
Is there also a shorter pipe coming soon? The pumps are deep in the water on the shortest setting. I would like to move the pumps 5cm more to the top, there is plenty of space.
 
The plastic is changed at a radius was added in place of the sharp 90 degree, this really only is an issue when clamped to a brace and clamped tight, as far as when the new clamps will be available, I am unsure, this change was just made and you would only even notice a difference when looking very closely, I would contact support in Germany.
 
Hi, the update about the clamp came from Germany. I indeed have a brace around the tank.
 
Replaced these today. I keep an eye on the others too. I hope the reducing of pump speed helpt prolong the life of these clamps until Tunze comes with a better clamp. Luckily this was a preventive check and no Orca was found in the tank.



17879177503101298745363643343155.jpg
 
Unfortunately came home to a Orca in the tank and a big piece of RAH Rainbow Mango broken off the colony 🥲🥲 Luckily I had spare parts and reduced intensity on the pumps to 35% which is still lots of flow.



20260928_215206.jpg

20260928_220332.jpg

20260928_225425.jpg
 
The clamps are already in production for a new design, it is a new plastic (Eastman Tritan) and they have been made thicker and wider with some radius reliefs to sharp edges. I should have them in a few weeks.
 
That is great news, I'm living in the Netherlands so I can order then from the German website when available.
 
I would suggest to request them for warranty, it is better if you speak to someone so you get the new one, the part number does not change and so it is possible for a while someone just grabs stock and sends older 7028.552, in the older uses like AquaWind, the strength is not needed and it will make a difference if a support tech knows why you need it and can solve the problem.
 
The clamps are already in production for a new design, it is a new plastic (Eastman Tritan) and they have been made thicker and wider with some radius reliefs to sharp edges. I should have them in a few weeks.

I just received an Orca from Bulk Reef Supply. It's still unboxed from delivery. I have an euro-braced tank. Should I not use the unit and request the new design clips? I don't want the unit to fall into the water.

Thank you
 
I'm in contact with German support, good tip to request the part that way. I don't mind paying for the parts but if claiming warranty does not work out.

Unfortunately the Orca that fell in the water yesterday was not working as it should when I came home today, the movement was very erratic. Took it off the tank, opened it up and there was water inside, rinsed the inside with RODI water, shaked all the water out and I placed it back on the tank with the cap open so the heat of the lights will dry out the inside faster. I will plug it back in on Saturday and see what happens.

Mind you I have the 6255 Eco Hub Edition which are very powerful hence the clamps break. I have not heard or read anyone broke the clamps with a 6105 of 6075.

I did read somewhere that if you use a 24V powersupply on a 6105 it becomes a 6255 but I cannot confirm that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new