Orchid dottyback. Too keep or too boot!

Whisperer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have purple psudochromis, color is similar to magenta dottyback but less aggressive. He is oblivious to his tank mates including the three gramma loretos. I see occasions short chasings but not bullying at all.

Last edited:

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like the fish, put it in the sump. Rearrange your main display then reintroduce the dottyback after all the other fish have settled. If you have to. Hopefully the dottyback thinks it’s in a new tank and is a bit humbled

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I’m doing in the meantime is going back to filling her cave with substrate. She loves to put it in her mouth and dig it out. I will keep her busy until I catch her

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I’m doing in the meantime is going back to filling her cave with substrate. She loves to put it in her mouth and dig it out. I will keep her busy until I catch her
Hm. Does your aquascape have enough holes and hidey spaces for this fish? They really are rock dwellers, and tend to dart in and out of rocks instead of hanging out in the water column all day. Perhaps the lack of an easily defensible space (like an open cave, instead of a smaller hole) is making your fish nervous and aggressive. Instead of filling it with substrate, have you thought about closing up the entrance a bit with smaller rocks?

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have tons of holes and caves tons. She always stays in her one cave. Anyway I’ve been filling her cave up with substrate to give her a chore and my anthias has slowly. Been showing herself again

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back