Orchid Dottyback with a Purple Dottyback?

NeutronMan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2019
Messages
1,622
Reaction score
1,969
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there was a mixup on a recent order. I ordered an Orchid Dottyback and received a Purple instead. No LFS even remotely close to me that I know of so in he went…

The vendor admitted their mistake and is offering to send the Orchid but my concern is having two very similar fish in the same tank with one being a known bully…

Should I take the offer or ask for a different fish? It’s a Red Sea Reefer 170 so it’s not a very spacious place…

Thanks!
Matt
 
Unfortunately all signs point to them absolutely not getting along. I personally wouldn't try it. Way back in my first tank my favorite fish was a neon dottyback, they have amazing personalities, I think you'll be happy with it regardless of the color pattern. Best of luck!
 
So there was a mixup on a recent order. I ordered an Orchid Dottyback and received a Purple instead. No LFS even remotely close to me that I know of so in he went…

The vendor admitted their mistake and is offering to send the Orchid but my concern is having two very similar fish in the same tank with one being a known bully…

Should I take the offer or ask for a different fish? It’s a Red Sea Reefer 170 so it’s not a very spacious place…

Thanks!
Matt
From what I understand, two orchid dottybacks may get along but you can only have one purple dottyback.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new