OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Every place that I have ever gone to just swaps bottles. The check and all of that is part of the fee. This can really suck when you take a nice new bottle into a shop and get an old one back. :)
Really... checked FB market place today. Nothing close to me. New ones aren’t to bad online but what’s the point then.

Monkichi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a fire suppression supply store, a little hole in the wall that will refill a certified 20lb tank for ~$20. I would hate to loose my nice shiny tank. They said they can certify it in 2023 when it needs it. I think they last 5 years between certs.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can melt about 40-50 lbs in about 7 months in my heavily stocked acropora, coralline and clam tank. ...pretty sure that the coralline and clams use at least as much as the acropora do. Each batch of media has a different surface area and density, so it varies from batch to batch, even with the same stuff.

OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can melt about 40-50 lbs in about 7 months in my heavily stocked acropora, coralline and clam tank. ...pretty sure that the coralline and clams use at least as much as the acropora do. Each batch of media has a different surface area and density, so it varies from batch to batch, even with the same stuff.
Wow... No kidding. Definitely not paying $90 for 8.8 pounds.

OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm thinking of getting one of these Deltec Calcium reactors. How does your work with the reborn instead of the Calcite they recommend.
I love it...Works great. I believe they recommend the calcite with reborn unavailable at the time. The reborn I’m currently using is the bigger stuff. I do have a few bags that are definitely smaller media even though it’s the regular reborn. Hopefully i have no issues.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back