ORDERED MY REEFKOI LEDs

coraljunkie1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM SOOOO EXCITED!!! I ordered 2 reefkoi evo 200 LED lights. Im currently am using a fixture that has 3 175w MHL, and 2 54w actinic bulbs. if you have never seen these LEDs you should check them out!!! ill post some video links. They have a few at music city reef you can play with. im just sooo ready to see the change, "IF ANY", going from MHL to LEDs!!! How many of you guys have made the change? Let me know what you think. Here are a few links so you guys can check them out.

Evolution LED 200 Watt Lens PAR Readings - YouTube

EVO 200w LED - YouTube

Hope you enjoy..

palvyre

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know how these work for you. I am current looking at the dimmable apollo solar blast and this would save me $600.

OP
OP
C

coraljunkie1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i went with these cause the price was right and they come with a 2 year warranty. didnt see any other ones with a warranty

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are nice lights. Only manually dimmable, but still nice for the price. Plus Chris at Reefkoi is a great guy and a standup guy. he also comes to our swap and I think will be here again this year (Lindsey would know for sure).
Fir smaller L.E.D.s I bought a few of the JBJ Unibody LED's and I must say thus far I am far more impressed than I was in the past.

OP
OP
C

coraljunkie1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont mind the manual dimmer. I think its cool as hell how people can control their tanks with their phones and stuff, but i like to keep my tank on human control. lol. my tank is a small world and im the leader!! lol. everything i have on my tank is controlled by me. And yes Chris from Reefkoi will be at the swap this year.

palvyre

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'll probably still go apollo blast dimmable so that I can connect it to an Apex.

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also, the tanks at music city have these lights on all there displays

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm adding some Led's today too, This DIY is in my Kitchen though in the Form of sunken can lights using Led's instead of standard bulbs. I have been wanting to do this a long time I bought the Fixtures over a year ago and finally getting around to getting them installed, Report to follow on the effects of these lights on Humans LOL
Bill

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are nice lights. Only manually dimmable, but still nice for the price. Plus Chris at Reefkoi is a great guy and a standup guy. he also comes to our swap and I think will be here again this year (Lindsey would know for sure).
Fir smaller L.E.D.s I bought a few of the JBJ Unibody LED's and I must say thus far I am far more impressed than I was in the past.

Yes Chris from ReefKoi will be there at the swap. We should have one of his Evolution LEDs to raffle off as well.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 65 47.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back