Ordering fish and corals online

Kayotic5011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to ask where have you ordered from and what was the out come. What company's would you still use and which company's would you stay away from?

Ive been seeing different places online to get fish and corals but im just not sure how reliable some of them are. There is mixed stories and for good reason. I want to hear them all before ordering from someone who doesnt even carry the fish they are showing and get screwed on a fish I possibly dont want or one thats dieing when it arrives. I also dont want crappy corals showing up in place of the marketing gimmic images they use to sell you there crappy product.

Any story is better than no story so please tell me yours.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only ever ordered fish from liveaquaria.com and every time has been a positive experience. Awesome customer service. They'll make sure you're happy with your order. I go up and visit their facility at least a year and everything up there looks well taken care of and happy :)

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had any corals yet in any of my tanks, but from some research I've been doing through here and vendors, I really like aquasd.com

live aquaria's divers den isn't bad either.

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used AquaSD - great for corals - will order from them anytime. Liveaquaria for fish - hit or miss for corals. Saltwaterfish.com - good for basic corals, no for high end pieces - iffy for fish. Vividaquatics - yes for fish and corals. Uniquecorals - yes for corals - also love that you can ship to ManhattanAquariums in NYC and pickup for free.

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow - you're going to be a test for someone's customer service skills. . . :p

Personally I went through the sponsors forums here on R2R and started with the premise that anyone that's been around a while, posts on the forum, and people were happy with them they were going to be a safe bet.

For corals I have used BattleCorals, World Wide Corals, Pieces of the Ocean, Ultimate Corals, Aqua SD and Living Reef Orlando. No issues with any of them and most gave freebies - Yay freebies!. I tried Reef Addicted on Ebay for cheapies on auction and had a bad experience with brownouts and survival rates - only bad experience I had.

For fish I've used LiveAquaria/Divers Den, NY Aquatic and Saltwaterfish.com. Saltwaterfish.com I'd stay away from. No issues on the others. I did have a Purple Tang go south and pass on me from NY Aquatic and he took care of me with no hassles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kayotic5011

Kayotic5011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard more and more that fish from saltwater has been a issue for some. I read one story where the guy wanted a 3 inch fish and ended up with a 7 inch fish he couldnt house because the tank he was setting up for it wasnt complete and they tried to shove him under a rock and forget about him and he had to fight them just to get his money back when all he wanted was his fish....now I have a 120 so im not worried about size as much but still dont want to go through all that if i could just get what i ordered.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back