Ordering Manado Live Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
K

kwroberto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50lb....it will be here on Wednesday....email them tell them what your looking for and Andy will take care of you

64Ivy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used some of this stuff; makes for some really nice 'scapes. Needs some PO4 reduction work before intro into the DT though.

OP
OP
K

kwroberto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This stuff will have to cure for a couple of weeks since they just got it in...FYI I'm planing on doing a water change after it cures then I'll run carbon and gfo for a couple of days

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in for 60 lbs .:bigsmile: I just talked to Luke .. Ouch I forget shipping the rock was not free and a lil costly . :doh:

Premiumaq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This stuff looks awesome. I made the drive down to the shop to see what came in - this is the first fresh rock shipment of the '15 season, and I guarantee you won't be disappointed. You will certainly want to cycle it our separate from a reef, unless you're starting a brand new system, in which case this stuff would start you a RICH cycle - and seed you with what appears to be 3 distinct corallines, a couple macro algae, and various hangers-on... In previous years, this stuff has proven to be RIFE with life, and this batch seems to be the same. Skimmer is really working on the rock system now!!!

OP
OP
K

kwroberto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my rock on Wednesday and again I was very happy with it!! As for fresh...you couldn't get any fresher!! In the bottom of the box was 2 crabs and a mantis shrimp!! Talk about fresh!!

OP
OP
K

kwroberto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431694206.381163.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431694240.714920.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431694266.370430.jpg

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the pictures , those are some nice rocks. Are they heavy or light and porous.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just in there shop yesterday and saw there new rock. This stuff looks great and there is tons of life in it. Would look great in a display.

Premiumaq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The newer batch had more coralline and less shrimps/crabs... yet we still pulled a porcelain crab out, found a couple pistols, and some nice pieces sporting macro algae - teacup, feather, couple reds. Still some great pieces in there - most of it doesn't need to cure any longer, the rock pools have handled that well and there are only a couple larger ones with any odor left. The boss did post pictures.

AND - the Fiji that's cooking right now is stellar as well! Not some base rock, not typical dense boat rock - this has shape, caves and hollows, shelves and branches... It's BARELY started to cook though, so that stuff should wait. It's more dense than the Manado, but it makes up for that with some very interesting shapes and a huge variety of sizes. We were trying today to decide what it looks like to us... maybe Pukani? Or if anyone remembers some of the old Timora?

Dgilpin22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a piece of the manado I picked up last week. It's been cycling for about 10 days now. The growth is tremendous for a new tank and really jump started this 20 gallon.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432095286.913204.jpg

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock came in today . Well packaged n the boxes were not a soggy wet mess . I looked at a few pieces and it's definitely fresh .
I called PA n left a message to call me back . I will post pictures later after they call me back .

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back