Original MP10 controller dryside

d.fast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dug out my Vortech MP10, I've had this for a while in my project pile. It died once but I managed to repair it by taking the dry side apart and reparing a broken part of the copper windings. But the housing was pretty beat up when I took it apart(I guess the later drysides are easier to service?) and the magnet had expanded so I abandoned it.

One of my friends just ordered a new wetside for his newer MP10 and I felt inspired to try fixing my MP10, but when I checked the spare parts site it seems to me that the new drysides are not compatible with the older controllers. So my old and nice Blue controller, is it just a(very light) brick these days?

MP10 controller.jpg

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say so yes. I think even the newer, but still old, ES drivers aren’t compatible with the current generation of dryside motors.

OP
OP
d.fast

d.fast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that is the same conclusion that I have drawn form the info I managed to dig out. A shame but nothing to do about it. At least my spares pile can get a bit lighter.

On a sidenote: That grey and black button are the dogs man! They feel great and are so easy to push. The adjustment wheel was improved on the later controllers though.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back