ORP rising without Ozone running

Ziggo420

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I'm running ozone on a controller set to on if bellow 350. My ozone hasn't run in a week or so, but my ORP has slowly crept up to around 390. I've recently started dosing a DIY coral snow to help fight vermitid snails. I've also increased my lighting period in my refugium to help combat nutrients. These are the only two changes I've recently made. Could either of these be the culprit? Should I be worried since there is no O3 being added to the water? My next step is to clean my probe and make sure that's not the culprit. Any wisdom or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I'm running ozone on a controller set to on if bellow 350. My ozone hasn't run in a week or so, but my ORP has slowly crept up to around 390. I've recently started dosing a DIY coral snow to help fight vermitid snails. I've also increased my lighting period in my refugium to help combat nutrients. These are the only two changes I've recently made. Could either of these be the culprit? Should I be worried since there is no O3 being added to the water? My next step is to clean my probe and make sure that's not the culprit. Any wisdom or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.
what are the dangers of high ORP?

OP
OP
Ziggo420

Ziggo420

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are the dangers of high ORP?
All that I've found is that if it gets too high it can kill all of your beneficial bacteria. I'm not really sure. That's why I wanted to post this thread for any insights.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back