Orp

BJcorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my apex I pay attention to the orp a lot. I’ve notice in the past couple of day it’s gone down from 370-250 but it will also come up through out the day but drop back down. I don’t run ozone. So I’ve been wondering if it’s because I’ve been letting my skimmer just bubble back into the tank because I’ve been trying to get my nitrates up from 1.0 to 4.0 and I’m just about there. I just don’t know when I should run my skimmer properly again to maintain my nitrates. I guess my really question is should I be worried about my orp being lower?

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine drops 10 points during the day and bounces back overnight but I have never had mine higher than 260 so I’m impressed with 370. I have a 65g mixed reef, coming on 2 years old.

I treat my reading as an overall water quality health indicator. When it drops I take it that things are going out of whack and when it gradually increases I take as a good sign I am doing the right things. Mine drop a fair bit at each monthly WC (20-25 points) and bounce back a week or two after that. I find the more GHA and other unwanteds I have in the tank the lower the ORP is.

Mine at the moment consistently rise each week. I’m tending to gain 2-4 points per day. This correlates with my algae being gradually cleaned up by my CUC.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back