Orphek Atlantik V4 PAR & Distribution

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stuff Dana.

I've been considering a lighting upgrade. I do like my older Kessil's and two T5's over a five foot tank. But one of the fun parts about the hobby is experimenting with different options. The added color range of the Orphek's has me intrigued, and it appears as though PAR would be in abundance.

I'm just debating whether or not two compacts would do the job or two full size to evenly cover a five foot tank.

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stuff Dana.

I've been considering a lighting upgrade. I do like my older Kessil's and two T5's over a five foot tank. But one of the fun parts about the hobby is experimenting with different options. The added color range of the Orphek's has me intrigued, and it appears as though PAR would be in abundance.

I'm just debating whether or not two compacts would do the job or two full size to evenly cover a five foot tank.
I can check the spread of the Compact and report back. Probably after Christmas.

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can check the spread of the Compact and report back. Probably after Christmas.

After debating with myself last night ( when you get old you start to do that), I think I'm going to remove my (2) T5 supplement to the Kessil 360WE and try the OR 120 bars. I'm not too sure about the UV/IR only bulb since the only photo's out there look really pink/purple. Maybe a mixture of the UV / Blue, but they are so in-expensive that maybe just get an assortment and play around with them.

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stuff Dana.

I spotted these open box A grade (basically a brand new light) orphek atlantic v4's this morning while checking around for deals. BRS is selling them @ $719 which is a steal from the $1100 retail which have been out of stock since black friday. You save $381 a light with free shipping for these heavy bad boys. If you read BRS open box grading scale:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/atlantik-v4-gen-2-led-light-fixture-open-box-orphek.html

A-60x60.png
Essentially new, the box has been opened, shows very little to no sign of use

B-60x60.png
Very clean, may have slight blemishes or wear marks that don’t affect the overall function

C-60x60.png
May be missing packaging but Includes all required parts to operate or have obvious cosmetic blemishes

D-60x60.png
Functions as intended, may have been slightly used and/or missing accessories/packaging

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of a blend like this. I think I can get enough white out of the four Kessil to not be overly blue.

Untitled-1.jpg

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 V4 compacts.... Following. Would love info on the built in programs. Was running coral color growth, now just changed to just coral color which is a little more intense

Damien Buckley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 V4 compacts.... Following. Would love info on the built in programs. Was running coral color growth, now just changed to just coral color which is a little more intense

The colour is more intense than the growth plus colour? I’m 3 weeks in with mine and just switched from acclimation to colour. Figured I’d run that for a couple weeks then go to growth plus colour but it sounds from you like colour is already full power?

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tests you do!

How is everyone feeling at the Riddle house? Didn't your wife have surgery not too long ago?
Thank You! It's all good at the Riddle abode - thanks for asking!

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The "increased coral growth" and "maintaining fast growth" will give you 100% on all channels with the latter be the longest running at 100% by about 2 hrs. Maybe work your way there. Coral color, coral color plus growth, increased coral growth and then maintaining fast growth.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running the coral growth program since I got my v4 9 months ago. The only change was to extend channel 3 (the uv lights) a little longer for a moonlight effect.

I was coming from a sbreef blackbox with a lot of royal blues and the blue on the orphek is a lot different, almost a windex color. I will say the transition period from full lights to uv’s is my favorite time as the fluorescence on the v4 are amazing.

Can’t wait to see the results of the different channels. I like 100% as it actually looks decent unlike a lot of lights where it’s not enough blue.

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spotted these open box A grade (basically a brand new light) orphek atlantic v4's this morning while checking around for deals. BRS is selling them @ $719 which is a steal from the $1100 retail which have been out of stock since black friday. You save $381 a light with free shipping for these heavy bad boys. If you read BRS open box grading scale:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/atlantik-v4-gen-2-led-light-fixture-open-box-orphek.html

A-60x60.png
Essentially new, the box has been opened, shows very little to no sign of use

B-60x60.png
Very clean, may have slight blemishes or wear marks that don’t affect the overall function

C-60x60.png
May be missing packaging but Includes all required parts to operate or have obvious cosmetic blemishes

D-60x60.png
Functions as intended, may have been slightly used and/or missing accessories/packaging
When I can find the time, I want to measure and compare PAR distribution with the Orphek at two orientations ) parallel or not to the front glass.

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man those 3 fullsize Orphek Atlantik V4's didn't even make it through the day. Sold out. Those were a steal at $719 each total shipped.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man those 3 fullsize Orphek Atlantik V4's didn't even make it through the day. Sold out. Those were a steal at $719 each total shipped.

I saw them there when I got the spectral controller x that went up after the brs video on Friday. I didn’t expect them to last long

Len

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at that price and the fact that BRS has been out of stock on the full size since black friday.

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that is when I first saw them and posted them here and a few other threads. So maybe 24 hours they were gone since you saw them friday.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back