Orphek or PhotonV2+

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS has Orphek at 15% off atm and this has me rethinking lighting for my new build.
Than is 60"x24"x24"

I have been leaning 2 Photon 50 V2+ mounted side by side ie but with Orphek on sale I could go 2 full size mounted end to end.

I have been running Photon 32 V2+ over my current tank and have been happy with it.
Have the latest productions of the Orphek been more reliable as I have been reading that they have upgraded their boards and LED reducing the many complaints of the light. In other words are the Orphek now work taking a chance on?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run and trust Reef Breeders Photons. I have 2 of the V+ running side by side over my 90g (36" x 30" x 20") tank. The front one runs normal (for me) 80% blues and 30% white at midday and the back one is 100% blue and just 5% white. The more blue in the back of the tank make it look even thicker than it really is (30").

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the Atlantiks and the most recent (2020) version is very good. Easy to control/program. Can control up to 240 lights with a single gateway. I've used quite a few types of LED fixtures and the Orphek Atlantik is my absolute favorite for many reasons. Just got a couple OR3 bars and will add those in the next couple days.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back